- October 9, 2020
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Sioux Falls, SD
1321 W. Dow Rummel St.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Attendees of the MDS Consultants seminar Determining Skilled Level of Care and the Primary Diagnosis will learn how to:
1) Resident conditions and services that affect reimbursement under PDPM including Covid-19
2) Discuss documentation requirements to support each condition or service
3) Determine the Primary Diagnosis and documentation requirements for the primary diagnosis
4) Review Medicare Administrative Contract Audit risks and how to safeguard against recuperation of funds
Our Master Teacher – Melanie Tribe-Scott
Melanie has over 20 years of experience in long-term care and has held a variety of positions including CNA, Charge Nurse, Assistant Director of Nursing, MDS Coordinator, and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist. Melanie is passionate about person centered care and resident advocacy and has been a member of AANAC since 2010 and has been RAC-CT® certified since 2011; and is now a RAC Master Teacher, a member of AADNS and is a Certified QAPI Professional.
Why Take This Course?
- Choose the primary diagnosis with confidence
- Learn exactly what conditions and services affect reimbursement
- Know exactly what the auditors will be looking for
- Teach your team to avoid reimbursement pitfalls
- Schedule: 8:00am – 12:00pm – A continental breakfast starts at 8. Class begins at 8:30
- Handouts are emailed
- Lunch is NOT provided
- CEU credit has been applied for. More details to follow