- August 20, 2020
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Salt Lake City, UT
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Attendees of the MDS Consultants seminar Medicare Documentation for the Interdisciplinary will learn how to:
1) Review requirements and updates to the Medicare Benefit Policy in the SNF
2) Clearly define therapy and nursing skilled care requirements
3) Discuss IDT documentation requirements to prove a skilled level of care
4) Identify systems to improve skilled documentation
5) Review Case studies
Our Master Teacher – Melanie Tribe-Scott
Melanie has over 20 years of experience in long-term care and has held a variety of positions including CNA, Charge Nurse, Assistant Director of Nursing, MDS Coordinator, and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist. Melanie is passionate about person centered care and resident advocacy and has been a member of AANAC since 2010 and has been RAC-CT® certified since 2011; and is now a RAC Master Teacher, a member of AADNS and is a Certified QAPI Professional.
Why Take This Course?
- Learn what is required to skill a resident for nursing needs
- Understand how the entire interdisciplinary team should document skilled nursing residents
- Improve documentation and guard against recoupment of funds
- Bring proven tools and systems back to your facility for everyday use
- Schedule: 8:00am – 12:00pm – A continental breakfast starts at 8. Class begins at 8:30
- Handouts are emailed
- Lunch is NOT provided
- CEU credit has been applied for. More details to follow.