- September 29, 2020 - September 30, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Denton, TX
Venue Phone: 214-550-1477
Venue Website: https://www.selmanholman.com/Address:
Selman Holman Training Center
5800 I-35 N, Ste 301
Denton, TX 76207
Online registration begins 90 days before class and ends 5 days prior. Payment must be received upon arrival or before the workshop begins.
Cost is $530 for AADNS Members or $795 for Non-Members. Enrollment and registration is directly with AADNS.
What You’ll Learn
An effective QAPI process and program will take you beyond compliance and enable your facility to truly transform the care you provide residents. Increase your knowledge by attending a two-day AADNS QAPI prep workshop that will help you prepare for the comprehensive QCP certification exam.
To implement quality assurance and process improvement (QAPI) strategies in long-term care effectively, you need strong nurse leadership. To achieve that leadership, follow the QAPI principles taught in this course to help you fulfill your mission to provide the best possible care and quality of life for your resident. The QCP certification is designed for directors of nursing services, QAPI managers, nursing home administrators, nurse managers, social services directors, activities directors, and staff development directors.
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Why Take This Course?
With a QAPI Certified Professional (QCP), you have proof that you have the knowledge and experience to lead and guide your team in complying with the new proposed regulations. This credential demonstrates that you know how to prepare for and implement QAPI-mandated regulations in your facility. The QCP certification is designed for directors of nursing services, QAPI managers, nursing home administrators, nurse managers, social services directors, activities directors, and staff development directors.
- Design and Scope
- Governance and Leadership
- Feedback, Data Systems, and Monitoring
- Performance Improvement Projects
- Systematic Analysis and Systemic Action
- Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm – arrive 15 minutes early on the first day
- Lunch is provided
- The QCP 2-day workshop is approved for 15 CEs. To earn the credential, you must pass one final exam with a score of 80% or higher. You will have 90 days from the date the final exam is launched before it expires.
- The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing AAPACN is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The DNS 3-day prep workshop is approved for 22.5 CEs. AAPACN works in conjunction with the National Association of Long-Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) to provide nursing home administrators with continuing education credit for any AADNS workshop attended. The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is the parent organization to AADNS and AANAC.
- Cancellation Policy: AAPACN and the Training Partner are not responsible for any fees incurred due to cancellations or postponements. Attendee cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to workshops@AAPACN.org. Registrants who are unable to attend may send a substitute in their place. Cancellations received more than 30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 14-30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund, minus a $250 processing fee paid to Training Partner. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 13 business days prior to the start date of the workshop except for emergencies or a visit from State Surveyors. No refunds will be issued for cancellations due to weather if the workshop itself is not cancelled.