- September 21, 2020
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
St. Ann’s Community
1500 Portland Avenue
Rochester, NY 14621
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
ICD-10 coding is now key to reimbursement under the PDPM model. Attendees will understand how the wrong ICD-10 code can cost the facility thousands of dollars or more. Presenter will discuss in detail the ICD-10 mapping tool for PDPM and how to choose an appropriate primary diagnosis. Attendees will leave feeling confident about ICD-10 coding for PDPM. This course is useful for Administrators, Director of Nursing, MDS Coordinators, Case Managers, Health Information Managers, and Admission Directors. Attendees of the MDS Consultants seminar will learn how to:
1) Review coding conventions and basic coding concepts
2) Explain the importance of accurate diagnosis coding under PDPM
3) Discuss ICD-10 Mapping tool and specific examples of conflict
4) Learn to choose the appropriate diagnosis.
5) Provide coding practice examples
Our Master Teacher – Melanie Tribe-Scott
Melanie has over 20 years of experience in long-term care and has held a variety of positions including CNA, Charge Nurse, Assistant Director of Nursing, MDS Coordinator, and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist. Melanie is passionate about person centered care and resident advocacy and has been a member of AANAC since 2010 and has been RAC-CT® certified since 2011; and is now a RAC Master Teacher, a member of AADNS and is a Certified QAPI Professional.
Why Take This Course?
- ICD-10 coding is now key to reimbursement under PDPM
- Learn how to code accurately and efficiently
- Understand how the wrong ICD-10 code can cost the facility thousands of dollars or more
- Confidently choose an appropriate primary diagnosis
- Schedule: 8:00am – 12:00pm – A continental breakfast starts at 8. Class begins at 8:30
- Handouts are emailed
- Lunch is NOT provided
- NAB approved for 3 CEUs